Terry's Texas Rangers

I was doing a little research and noticed that George R. Allen 1841 – 1924 (my 3rd great grand uncle) Son of Jeremiah Allen 1806 – 1883 my 4th great grandfather was a member of Terry's Texas Rangers.
"The unit earned a reputation that ranked it among the most effective mounted regiments in the Western Theater of the American Civil War."

He attended the 1902 reunion in Dallas and is probably in this picture.Too bad we don't know which one he is. Ill have to keep researching.
 
 
 
More about this group: http://www.terrystexasrangers.org/index.html

Update:  I have a larger version of the picture above.


1 comment:

Life of Laura Gertrude Garrett said...

Does anyone know anymore about the photo? Any identities of these men? My ancestor PB Hale was a private in the 8th Texas Cavalry in 1861, lived in Texas at the time. I wonder if he is pictured as well.